Skip to main content

It's never crowded; Benicia's Bay Area Trail

Run, bike, hike, stroll along this peaceful trail.  The Benicia State Recreation Park is the gem that is probably why Benicia is called the "Jewel of the Bay".  The actual trail extends from downtown Benicia to the waterfront ending in Glen Cove.  

To access the recreation area, you can either enter from the I- 780 West off Columbus Parkway or from the 780 through the Military Exit. 

Plenty of parking is always available a nominal fee is required and payed at the entry gate through an honors system.  Two parts of the trail leads through a paved pathway or more to the waterfront a scenic walk through an ever changing meadow.


 Beautiful views of the Carquinez Straight abound the trail. 

Families, fisherman often find serene pockets to spend their day along the banks. 




The side trails are abundant with the varietals indigenous to California.


Blackberries grow throughout Benicia, during summer bring a basket to gather  fresh fruit.

The beauty of  Benicia's Bay Trail is the conservation of the Marshland. During the Spring bright colors paint the landscape. 
What is normally called weeds in neighborhood of homes lives freely in the Benicia State Park. 
The Hills bloom with a varietal of green grasses and trees.

It is a perfect blend of the California Coastline featuring the evergreens and seasonal trees.


The Benicia State Park lends itself to a peaceful walk.  At times, the bay is filled with calm sailing.  The flowering grasses is always evolving, ideal for both the hobbyist photographer and the professional.



 Additional highlights include outdoor circuit training that an occasional exercise enthusiast will utilize.  You will see park benches, and picnic tables in spread throughout.  The walk towards Glen Cove includes spots to have a barbecue or a party.  Check with the City of Benicia for camping spots.  







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cull Canyon Trail Challenge 2018 -the dog's blog

This my husband and my second day trying the  East Bay Regional Park District Trails Challenge.   Today we tried the Cull Canyon Trail: Cull Canyon Regional Recreation Area Chabot to Garin Regional Trail/Cull Canyon Road/Heyer Road/Service Road/ Lake View Trail/Columbia Drive Length: 2.25-mile loop Elevation: 350 feet Location: Castro Valley GPS: 37.710479, -122.055430  We picked this trail because we could bring the dog with us, and it is described as shaded trails, shallow creek crossings, ridge-top breezes.  Sounds good.  We have a family Welsh Corgi who does not like the heat.  He is always enthusiastic about a walk, but if the weather is too hot, he stops at every piece of shade possible.   In addition to the trail, the park has a beautiful swimming spot and tables for picnickers.  Today was Memorial Day, it was filled with visitors.  This is the beginning of the trail.  So far so good....

His eyes were like the Caribbean Sea.

Last night I was on my way to the parking lot.   I had just finished a meeting at Morton’s steakhouse in the “City”.     As normal, the homeless were scattered throughout the streets.   Some walked up to me with their cups.   The others were in wheelchairs, standing against a wall, hidden in a corner, or sitting on the sidewalk.   Their existence is eminent.   There used to be stronger laws for loitering.    What do you do when the homeless have nowhere to go?   They have only had cardboards and salvaged blankets. As I was passing some of the eateries, I was thinking how the owners overprice their food.   A young man asked if I could help him get something to eat.   My first instinct, was to say, “I’m sorry, I can’t.”   I’ve given money many times, given my leftover food but of late, I donate to the professionals who know how to help the people.    He simply said, “Ok, I understand.”   I saw he ...

Just some nice people in the Bay Area

 I had the roughest day today.  Pretty much this has nothing to do with a certain spot in the Bay Area.  It's more about the nice people in Benicia and my nice dentist Dr. Fong in Hercules. I was at the post office today, very stressed.  Nothing went right today.  I was opening the car door and hit my right hand with the ring I got from Cozumel.  The stone fell off.  I could not find it.  Two ladies asked me if I was looking for something, and I told them that I lost my rock.  It's a rare rock so I was getting more upset by the minute.  Finally, I thanked the two ladies and said that I was just going to say a prayer and leave, which I did.  I had a dentist appointment. One of the ladies said that she would pray for me as well.  I went to the dentist, and told her what happened.  I told her that I just had to let go because it's material.  Then the dentist said it will come back to you then.  I was thinki...