Skip to main content

Zio Fraedo's Vallejo and a Massage

Today's post is over the Fourth of July Weekend.  After a quick jaunt to the gym this morning, I noticed the freeways were packed.  There were several fender benders which influenced my decision to stay close to home, catch up on some chores, dine locally and get a massage at my favorite acupressure place in American Canyon.

I decided on trying Zio Fraedo's is located at 23 Harbor Way Vallejo, CA 94590.  It's a pretty little restaurant that sits on the waterfront just kitty corner of Mare Island.  The staff is friendly, courteous and efficient.   For a busy weekend, it was a great alternative in contrast to the crowds in our sister cities Oakland & San Francisco.   The Italian Menu is a little more on the high end. 

I ordered the Tomato Basil Soup and a Penne Bolognese.  The food is adequate. However, the comfortable atmosphere and the view of the marina makes up for the lack of gourmet.
Zio Fraedo's has a bar, and banquet area for events. 

The service is fast, the wait staff is efficient.  

After dinner, I got a well needed massage in American Canyon at E-Acupressure.  We have long visited Eva the proprietor for many years.  She is always nice and always professional.  Her prices are amazing.  My preference is the medium pressure, though the therapists will do hard if you ask.  
Acupressure massage spots are abundant in our area.  Usually, you can just walk in.  Eva has built her reputation.  Appointment is preferred.  E-Acupressure is located at 100 American Canyon Road, American Canyon, CA. 94503  707-310-0798



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cull Canyon Trail Challenge 2018 -the dog's blog

This my husband and my second day trying the  East Bay Regional Park District Trails Challenge.   Today we tried the Cull Canyon Trail: Cull Canyon Regional Recreation Area Chabot to Garin Regional Trail/Cull Canyon Road/Heyer Road/Service Road/ Lake View Trail/Columbia Drive Length: 2.25-mile loop Elevation: 350 feet Location: Castro Valley GPS: 37.710479, -122.055430  We picked this trail because we could bring the dog with us, and it is described as shaded trails, shallow creek crossings, ridge-top breezes.  Sounds good.  We have a family Welsh Corgi who does not like the heat.  He is always enthusiastic about a walk, but if the weather is too hot, he stops at every piece of shade possible.   In addition to the trail, the park has a beautiful swimming spot and tables for picnickers.  Today was Memorial Day, it was filled with visitors.  This is the beginning of the trail.  So far so good....

Just some nice people in the Bay Area

 I had the roughest day today.  Pretty much this has nothing to do with a certain spot in the Bay Area.  It's more about the nice people in Benicia and my nice dentist Dr. Fong in Hercules. I was at the post office today, very stressed.  Nothing went right today.  I was opening the car door and hit my right hand with the ring I got from Cozumel.  The stone fell off.  I could not find it.  Two ladies asked me if I was looking for something, and I told them that I lost my rock.  It's a rare rock so I was getting more upset by the minute.  Finally, I thanked the two ladies and said that I was just going to say a prayer and leave, which I did.  I had a dentist appointment. One of the ladies said that she would pray for me as well.  I went to the dentist, and told her what happened.  I told her that I just had to let go because it's material.  Then the dentist said it will come back to you then.  I was thinki...

Waterbird Regional Preserve: Meadowlark Ridge Loop

We got around to the Trails Challenge 2018 today.  The Trails Challenge is celebrating it's 25th anniversary this year.  Over 10,000 people participate to explore the Bay Area's regional parks and to stay fit outdoors.  The program is free and works in   partnership between the East Bay Regional Park District,  Kaiser Permanente , and the  Regional Parks Foundation . No registration is required, a free t-shirt and guidebook is available at participating visitor's centers if supplies are still available.  However, the guidebook is online and completely down loadable.  The Guidebook includes detailed trail descriptions for hikes in 20 Regional Parks or Trails. Hikes range from easy to challenging. There are trails open to hikers, bicyclists, dogs, and equestrians, and many are wheelchair accessible. To complete the challenge, hike five of the trails – or 26.2 miles of trails. They also have a trails app that is down loadable on...